It’s amazing to watch your child develop. We hold our heads up and don’t even give it a thought but to watch a baby struggle through it is really eye opening.
Here’s what Charlotte has been up to:
- Makes eye contact.
- Focusing and following objects with her eyes.
- Can hold her head up for long stretches of time.
- Likes to “stand” on my lap and lean on my chest.
- Loves baths.
- Starting to make conversational noises.
- Not sleeping through the night but sleeps for 4 – 5 hour stretches. I haven’t been sleep deprived in weeks!
- Loves to observe. You can’t just hold her any old way, she’s got to be able to look around.
Charlie is an overall pretty chill baby. She likes to be held a lot but I don’t mind. I’ve gotten really good at holding her and getting stuff done. Between the Baby Bjorn and the Moby, I can accomplish pretty much anything while holding her. Yesterday, I added baking a pie to that list. She has her fussy moments but it seems like the more observant she becomes, the less fussy she becomes. I like to think that she only fusses when she’s bored and tired. Conor and I are getting pretty good at entertaining her. Oh, and acid reflux is not an issue anymore.
I can’t wait to see what happens this month!